AN OVER-THE-AIR RADIO ANALYZER SERVICE
DIAGNOSTX: AN OVER-THE-AIR RADIO ANALYZER SERVICE
ANALYZES RADIOS IN REAL TIME WITHOUT USER INTERVENTION
An accepted practice with Land Mobile Radio (LMR) networks is to check the alignment of each radio annually. Due to budget constraints, manpower shortages, and other logistical issues, many system managers postpone maintenance, while others take a “fix it when it fails approach”.
Many public safety agencies throughout the US and Canada are currently using DiagnostX to identify the alignment and performance characteristics of their subscriber radios. By measuring radios long-range Over-the-Air (OTA), they are able to determine which radios need to be brought in for service, and which ones can remain in the field.
Agencies are often presented with challenges in obtaining approval of capital funds to purchase products. To address this challenge, LocusUSA is introducing DiagnostX as a Managed Service to the LMR market. While DiagnostX is still available as a capital purchase, a DiagnostX scan may now be paid for with existing maintenance or operational funds. The new service enables LMR managers to have all of their active radios evaluated for performance and alignment Over-the-Air, without user intervention. A detailed monthly report will be sent identifying those radios as “Failed”, “Passed” and “Never Received”. This service supports P25 Trunked, P25 Conventional and Legacy systems.
WHAT IS NEW
• Evaluating alignment of subscriber radios is now available with DiagnostX as a Managed Service
• No need to wait for capital funds approval
• Use available operational/maintenance funds
HOW IT WORKS
• The DiagnostX service includes monitoring equipment from LocusUSA and managing the data from our Network Operations Center (NOC) in Florida
• Comprehensive reports will be sent to customers showing alignment characteristics by radio ID
• The report pinpoints the radios that have “Failed”, “Passed” and “Never Received” based on customer defined thresholds
BENEFITS TO PUBLIC SAFETY
• A cost-effective way to identify radios in need of service, while well-aligned radios can remain in the field
• Ensures optimal system performance
• Resolves the issue of whether it is the network or the subscriber radios at fault
• It is a nonintrusive, proactive radio maintenance management tool
• Best practice is to test all radios prior to a P25 upgrade
Contact LocusUSA for a custom quote at 321-727-3077 or email@example.com