Currently Hiring for the Following Position:
SALES MANAGER/FEDERAL SPACE (FULL-TIME)
LocusUSA is a high technology company located in West Melbourne, Florida. Our company is a leader in applying our patented Over-The-Air radio test solution designed to promote a proactive approach to radio maintenance for public safety, law enforcement officers, and military personnel. We are experiencing rapid growth of our DiagnostX family of products in the U.S. and Canada, and are looking to fill a full-time Sales Manager position.
This candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and assistance in winning strategic deals and building new channel partner relationships within the domestic and Canadian markets. He/she must have experience selling to local, state, or federal government agencies.
An ideal candidate for this position would be one that has worked in technical sales to government agencies and is looking to take their career to the next level. An understanding of radio frequency (RF) is a plus.
Operating as a key member of the LocusUSA sales team, the Sales Manager is responsible for the development, planning, management, and implementation of all activities required to successfully achieve the Business Plan related to the Public Safety sector, with a focus on new U.S. Federal government accounts. The Sales Manager will help to identify and drive strategic market opportunities by developing and growing LocusUSA’s indirect government business. This individual is a strong team player identifying and driving revenue opportunities from key government accounts within the U.S. market.
- Effectively use a solution sales process to identify customer needs and create LocusUSA sales opportunities
- Develop account plans in connection with sales management, channel sales teams and partners for key Federal government identified customers
- Follow up on leads to qualify and pursue new sales opportunities
- Support Marketing promotions and trade shows to develop new opportunities
- Utilize CRM and other tools to properly provide accurate, up-to-date information regarding customers, activities, marketing initiatives, forecasts, and sales opportunities.
- Develop and execute sales plans with the goal to exceed revenue, gross margin and other key financial metric
- Monitor, analyze, and utilize data from CRM and other resources to optimize sales opportunities
- Maintain account records as needed for efficient account handling
- Inform management of issues and trends that may affect business outcome and success of the sales team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience selling to Federal government agencies
- Good working knowledge of various government contracting vehicles
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related fields of study or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 -7 years of experience in an outside sales position, selling, to Federal government accounts, with proven Sales Excellence in solution selling.
- Proficiency with CRM software, Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Entrepreneurial individual placing primary focus on the departmental goals and objectives
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to translate business strategy into actions in order to achieve results.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the presence and ability to present to and engage large groups
- Works well with others in a team-oriented environment
- Creative, logical, analytical person willing to try new approaches required by the company and the marketplace
- Capable of determining the effectiveness of an approach and able to make the appropriate adjustment to achieve maximum results
- Independent decision-making: resourceful; good problem solving; ability to think fast while on a call with a customer; ability to balance the immediate need with the big/longer term picture.
- Customer Focused: Ability to develop strong relationships with customers and help create brand awareness
- Results Driven: Motivated by meeting aggressive targets; track record of delivering on commitments. Tenacious. Shows Initiative. Persistent (takes action, proactive, decisive, uses reasoning, addresses/anticipates problems and opportunities, overcomes obstacles, resourceful). Manages time well to meet aggressive targets.
- Perform other related tasks or duties as required
$80,000 – $90, 000/plus commission (based on previous sales experience)
As an employee of LocusUSA, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty, and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
LocusUSA will conduct a background check on all qualified applicants to determine their eligibility for employment.
LocusUSA provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.