LocusUSA is a high technology company located in Melbourne, Florida. Our company is a leader in applying our patented over-the-air radio diagnostics solution designed to promote a proactive approach to radio maintenance for public safety/government agencies, law enforcement officers, public service and military personnel throughout the world. We are experiencing rapid growth of our DiagnostX family of products in the U.S. and overseas, and are looking to fill a part-time Bookkeeper position at our office in Melbourne.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in administrating a multi-faceted financial accounts program. Candidate must be familiar with QuickBooks (desktop is a must) and Microsoft office programs.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of bookkeeping experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office Products (Excel, Word & Outlook), QuickBooks (bookkeeping & payroll) and other productivity programs to support accounting.
- Understanding P&L statements and balance sheets.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Prepares and posts all journal entries to the general ledger and trial balance.
- Preparation of accounts payable and receivable.
- Issues new hire paperwork and the maintenance of employee data.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality as required by law and standard practice.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining benefit deductions and time off accruals.
- Answers telephone inquiries and channels them appropriately.
- Greets visitors in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of government contracts is a plus*
MUST be detail oriented and have working experience with QuickBooks and MS Office Excel, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT PROFICIENT IN QUICKBOOKS OR EXCEL DESKTOP.
Submit resume with a cover letter that includes salary requirements and details as to why you are the ideal candidate for this position based on the job requirements listed. Only those candidates whose qualifications best meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LocusUSA provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.